Tuesday 4 October 2011

A head start for winter


Autumn is definitely my favourite season. There's nothing nicer than wrapping up for a walk through the leaves with my dogs Dotty and Sally, and I love coming home to a roaring log fire.

So now the random heatwave is over, (what was that all about?!?) I've flung my flip-flops back in the wardrobe and I'm thinking about cosy knits. Last year I loved making these cute beanie hats. The chunky wool is just heaven to knit with and they are so toasty warm. My favourite part was customising them with these gorgeous big buttons I found. (More on my button collection later!)



I've already had a few requests from friends asking me to make them one. So I better get cracking, because knowing this crazy weather it'll probably be snowing next week.

Fancy a cosy winter warming hat? Give me a shout! Love Val x

No comments:

Post a Comment